Had a plan and it fell completely apart? Whether you accepted failure gracefully or not, having to scramble to create a Plan B after Plan A didn't pan out is taxing to say the least. On this episode, I have a conversation with Coach Otis Riddley about what failure can do to you mentally and how to make sure you can bounce back successfully.
On this episdode:
- Transitioning after failure
- Depression and coping with failure
- Finding your passion
- How manners (still) matter
- Building confidence in kids/young adults
- Being confident when asking "why?"
- Steve Kerr and his comments regarding the NFL
Join the conversation on your social app of choice (@wtfidkpod) and use the hashtags #wtfWednesday and #OwnYourIsh.
Follow Coach Otis Riddley on all social at @coach_o
Need a Plan B immediately? Here are 4 steps to help you get there faster.
- Accept your (or your plan's) failure. Focusing on what went wrong and why too long will only slow you down.
- Determine what you wouldn't mind spending the rest of your life doing.
- Find a career option in (or adjacent to) that field. If you are unable an opening in that exact field, look into volunteering opportunires or an internship. It would be ideal to go into your passion making money, but if that is not possible, networking and meeting the right people can put you in a good place in the future.
- Utilize mentors and supervisors to learn as much as you can so you are able to perform at your greatest level in this new role.
- Excel! But always keep in mind nothing is guaranteed, so formulate a Plan C just in case.
[Length: 37 minutes, 6 seconds]
Writers: Sonya Bolls and Krystal Chatman
Executive Producers: Krystal Chatman and Melvin Robinson
Music: Andres Wallace
Guest: Otis Riddley